KPI’s for Your Salon Business aka Key Performance Indicators - What Do We Measure and Why?
Aug 16, 2021
Today we explored creating a set of KPI’s for your business aka Key Performance Indicators.
The first step to coach, lift, motivate and give focus to your team is to have a professional set of standards as 'voted' by their clients.
So what are your standards?
Do you know what the 'average ticket' value your team should be aiming for?
The same goes for daily client numbers, rebooking, retailing, service turn over and the list goes on!
It's important to know as a salon leader what KPI’s you and your team are aiming for. If you don't know - how can they know if they're winning or missing?
Points to remember;
- make sure your team understands the KPI’s that you have set up.
- be consistent when creating your reportable charts.
- Mine your data... your computer software system will provide you with all the data you are looking or. Get in there and organise it on a separate report that you've designed for your unique business.
- present to your team weekly KPI’s at the same time, in the same way, every week/fortnight or month.
- modify and change the chart we've provided… add columns of focus and remove, set higher goals or lower goals depending on your team’s level.
- this is a positive way to mentor/coach and lift your team, it's not a 'witch hunt' it's a 'WIN hunt'.
- KPI’s give you all the right information that you can take into your weekly 'One on Ones' to fuel performance management.
- it's your choice what you share… some salon owners shy away from showing team members raw numbers, you could choose % Colours or grading letters to indicate success. Personalise the report as you see fit.
We have added an example for you to use or a blank one for your to create your own set of KPI’s or you could just use your software system.
KPI Chart Example - Download now
Blank KPI Chart - Download now
*note these are printable worksheets and are no editable spreadsheets.
Enjoy setting your team up to WIN with your KPI’s 🤗